Monday 26 July 2010
You can visit "the new CAWD" i.e. Dadamac Foundation on the Dadamac website at http://www.dadamac.net/foundation. For more information regarding this change please contact Pamela McLean. Pam's email addresses are pam(at)cawd.net (an address which may cease to function) and pamela.mclean(at)dadamac.net (the address which she uses most now).
Tuesday 25 September 2007
CAWD collaborates, on a personal level, with organisations and individuals who are involved in grass roots projects for community welfare and development in Africa . We only give to those we know and trust.
Current projects include:
- Teacher training
- Training of health workers
- ICT related community development
- Phone 4 Peace (Kenya)
Our work is not "top down" - it is grass-roots driven - channeled though local people who have links with the UK.
We use ICT (Information Communication Technology) to keep in contact, even if this has to be done through long journeys to a cyber cafe. We only work with projects that can provide feedback and evidence of results.
Our administrative costs in the UK are almost zero. We have no paid staff or office buildings. CAWD is run by two true volunteers working from home using their own Internet connections at their own expense.
Our main administrative costs to date are the costs of sending money - unavoidable fees paid for MoneyGrams or to Western Union.
CAWD is currently connected with projects in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Nigeria - and getting to know various projects elsewhere for possible future collaboration.
- AHEAD (African Health for Empowerment and Development - Ethiopia).
- Fantsuam Foundation (North West Nigeria).
- Training of health workers project - Maternal Mortality and Preventing Child Mortality are viewable at Cawdnet Campus.
- REIWA (Rural Empowerment Initiative in West Africa).
- Teachers Talking (Kenya) - has no website but for more information click here.
- Phone 4 Peace to support the Kenyan Pyramid of Peace activists.
You can donate to CAWD online here.